Friday, August 29, 2008

The Morning slumber

Today I woke up, late as usual. Again, getting up from bed was still an hour away. On my side was my daughter, still in her midnight slumber....My wife, the only one disciplined, was already puffing in the kitchen....Yet another decision, taken just 12 hours ago, to go for a stroll and that too at 5 am, and burn a few calories, has become a 'Georgian Dream' again. Oh! it's just two hours away from packing off to the academy! About 20 essays, my students had handed over to me, to tell them why they would not get a 7 band, was lying untoched in my bag.


I got up, just few minutes prior to 7, had the moring purification of my physical self and placed myself on the essays. This is the only time that I dont feel an inferiority complex. My students have done worse than me yet again. Going through the writings of some of my wards, did give an ideas as to why some of them should never use the pen seriously. But an ambition to fly abroad may sometimes make the impossible happen. Corrections are over, except for the last few papers, again as usual.


I could sometimes hear, my wife at her shrillest pitch using all her velocity to wake up my daughter...and navigate her drowsy feet to the toilet...and then ultimately push her to the school jeep at half past eight. I evaded all these activities, lest my wife would force my sluggish daugher's character gene on my forefathers...... I came down from my study only after my wife breathed a sigh of relief after the school jeep whizzed away.

4 comments:

  1. Hi chettai appreciable ..........
    Its a good blend of litreture and life...I mean `simple life........` keep on writing...All the best and cheersssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its absolutely good to read this.....just like being in same family......
    u kno , This is the usual things which is goin on in the morning hours....and like ur wife me too have a mom...and did the very same thing here...Dont worry, wives are just the same....
    And i like the way u expressed ur life...its good to read more and more..and expecting lots of wonderful moments again...keep going....

    ReplyDelete